Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nanowrimo 2011 - the end

This is my first Nanowrimo fail. I reached 36211 words when I needed to hit 50,000.

Interestingly enough, the personal issues that I had during November that stopped me from writing the novel to conclusion are exactly the same personal issues that made the novel really interesting and good. Despite its incompleteness, it's one of my favourites so far.

It's quite autobiographical, but only for the events of 2011, and specifically November. I think it's also reached into my psyche and dug up some long hidden aspects of myself that I didn't even know were there.

Despite the fact that the month has been really hard, and in some ways awful, I would say that overall, it's been a really good month, maybe even life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment